Prepress Checklist: To ensure that your files are output correctly, we have developed the following list of requirements. If you have any questions regarding these requirements, please contact us at 1890 23 23 23 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We can accept the following media: email(2MB Limit), FTP Site or CD. Please do not try to email any files greater than 2MB. FTP site details will be provided when requested at email@example.com.
IMPORTANT! A hard copy and trial separation or soft copy PDF should accompany every file to be outputted!
In Your Layout Program Please:
- Templates for all standard artwork is avaiable on website www.duplication.ie Please use same.
- Ensure that all fonts (screen & printer fonts) are included with the file. If you have any placed images that contain fonts please include those as well or change them to outlines.
- Black text/barcodes should be 100%K i.e True Black.
- All images must be embedded in artwork file.
- If spot color is used, this will incur an extra cost if also used with CMYK i.e more than 4 plates.
- A minimum of 3mm background bleed is required, whilst keeping all text/logos at least 3mm within the cutting line.
- Crop marks and registration marks must not be used in the file as they will be manually added by duplication.ie in print process.
- Ink Seperation… Not more than 350% CMYK saturation at any point in the artwork file.
- Minimum text size 5 point to be used in any artwork element.
Note: Please ensure to create images in CMYK format and not RGB!
For Standard packaging, CD jewel-cases, Sleeves, Digipak, DVDigpak etc. supply artwork directly to us in the following formats.
- High Res PDF (Recommended)
Note: All Associated Fonts and Images should be supplied, if not, please embed fonts.
Preparing Your Artwork
Cut Lines Cut Lines All sleeve artwork must be prepared using relevant template. The template should be taken from the dimensions supplied by Duplication.ie.
Duplication.ie will prepare a final proof in pdf format for your approval prior to printing. All electronic files will be pre-flighted prior to printing your project.
The package that houses your CD/DVD is commonly called the sleeve. The sleeve serves two purposes. First, it protects the mechanics of the CD/DVD and second, it can convey a powerful message to your audience…
Please check the website to see all packaging options.
Duplication.ie also provides a digital print service which caters for lower quantity orders e.g. less than 500. Four colours are not necessary but are preferred. All accepted Mac and PC formats specified above can be used for digital print. We also accept the following Hi-Res Formats:
- Adobe Acrobat PDF 300dpi
- JPEG 300dpi
- Tiff 300dpi